nCircle R for Disaster affected Population
Find out areas where we have responded
Problems faced by the women in disaster affected areas
- Lack of private space in order to take a bath, change or relieve themselves.
- Fear of poisonous snakes and other insects while catering to their personal needs away from the "prying eyes".
- During those special 4 - 5 days of the month, women and adolescent girls needs privacy and a clean environment, providing which becomes impossible when large displaced population.
- Lack of private and safe space for small children while mothers are away.
- Lack of private space for mothers while they are feeding their child.
Sanitation problems faced by the women in disaster affected areas
- Lack of hygienic toilets and other forms of sanitation.
- Fear of poisonous snakes and other insects while relieving themselves.
- The Toilets available in those areas does not suffice the Population- Pressure.
- The continuous usage of the toilets coupled with lack of hygienic practices leads to many harmful contagious diseases.
- Defecation near Water Sources further leads to Diarrhoea, Dysentery and other Water- borne Fatal Diseases.